One of my favorite ways to finish our challah is to make French toast out of the leftovers (or all of it if you buy an extra challah, wink wink).
A few weeks ago I was looking around my kitchen for an ingredient to make our challah French toast taste a little bit different. I took a banana out of the freezer, chopped it up and added it to the egg mixture and that batch of French toast tasted better than before.
Here’s how to make it.
- Get a cute sous chef
- Slice a whole challah — slice as thick or as thin as you’d like (thicker slices = longer cooking time)
- Combine 3 eggs, 3/4c milk, 1 tsp of cinnamon and a sliced frozen banana in a mixing bowl or pan ***NOTE: Banana flavor is more prominent when frozen than not. I’ve tried both ways.
- Drop some butter in the pan on a medium heat
- Coat each slice of challah in the egg and banana mixture and cook both sides on hot pan until slightly browned
- Pour maple syrup over French toast. Our fav is Brad’s Organic Maple Syrup! Mmmm.
- Eat and enjoy. You’ll be finished quicker than expected.
- PS: Throw some sliced strawberries on there for extra sweetness.
Follow Islabands on social media!